Monday, March 28, 2011

The Commencement of a New Type of Blog

How does one genesis a blog?  Well, I've never blogged before and I'm not entirely certain how to answer that question.  I'll begin by explaining my reasoning for writing and thus make it easy for you to decide whether this is a complete waste of your time or not.  I hope it is not.  Time is valuable.

First of all, I will tell you what this blog is not.  There are many blogs with pictures of animals, babies, families, homes, etc.  This is not one of those blogs.  This is not to say that I have any dispute with those who write blogs in such a manner.  In fact, my wife is one such person and I appreciate her blog immensely.  All of those subjects are worthwhile and are everybit worth being written about.  However, I am warning you for the last time, this is not that type of blog.

Second, I was once told never to stop writing.  Although I have dabbled from time to time, I have years ago relinquished my ability to share thoughts and ideas through the written word.  This blog is an attempt to break that cycle.  My hope is that my interest in the subjects we will discuss will spur me forward in critical thinking by use of the written word.   Therefore, I freely admit that this blog is selfish in that it is for me foremost, and secondly it is for you.

However, I need you.  I need your feedback, criticisms, thoughts, but most of all, I need your dialogue.  You see, as I stated, I am not a great mind nor a great writer.  I believe in borrowing from far greater minds than my own.  Therefore you will find my blog to be full of quotes, articles, and references.  Through your comments and feedback I hope we can have edifying discussions. 

Third, and probably the most exciting point, I'm looking forward to hearing from all of my friends on a regular basis.  I see and speak with many of you far too infrequently.  I'm excited to hear from many of you on a variety of topics.

Last, as you have indeed sensed by now, this is an experiment for me.  Be patient as there are sure to be hiccups in the process.  Thanks, and I hope you enjoy!


6 comments:

Sarah said...

This looks like a great idea. I will definetly contribute to the discussion!

natalia said...

I'm here and ready to join in.

brycespqr said...

this should be interesting!! im excited to participate

biel said...

I cant wait

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josh said...

I'm glad a few of you are interested in this. A discussion heavy blog would be unsuccessful without a discussion to start.